Auto Claims

After Hours Claim Reporting

1-844-929-2637 after hours claims reporting phone number
Report online at

Intact Insurance
1-866-464-2424 after hours claims reporting phone number
Report online at

Carleton Fundy Mutual
1-888-346-6610 after hours claims reporting phone number
Report online at

United General
1-877-666-0040 after hours claims reporting phone number

Portage Mutual
1-800-565-1000 after hours claims reporting phone number
Report online at
Email to

Burns & Wilcox Insurance
Contact one of our brokers on cell after hours
Email to

Our Office Contacts
Cardinal Insurance, Office: 506-832-4004
Sheryl Moore, Cell: 506-654-2319
Jennifer Paisley, Cell: 506-658-8139

I have been involved in an accident, what do I do?

  • Check for injuries to yourself, your passengers and occupants of any other vehicles that may be involved.
  • Call 911 immediately.
  • When speaking with the police and/or emergency services follow their instructions.
  • Contact your insurance broker to report the claim so we can assist you as quickly as possible.
  • If it After hours, contact our emergency claims phone number for your insurance company for immediate assistance.
  • Provide your policy number to the operator along with loss details so that an adjuster can contact you to assist with your claim.

Once our office is open, call and report the claim to us directly so that we can confirm the adjuster details and the status of your claim for you.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I start my claim?

Starting your claim easy. Simply contact your broker to report the matter. If it is during regular business hours. If the incident is taking place after hours, you may contact the 24 hours claim services line for immediate assistance anywhere in North America.

Do I need to contact police to report every claim?

Cardinal Insurance recommends that you report any accidents/incidents involving your vehicle to the local authorities (RCMP, City Police). The police will be able to instruct you on your next actions. They will give advice and collect important information and evidence that may be lost or unavailable once all parties leave the scene of an accident.


What information do I need from the police on the other driver?

  • Name
  • Address
  • Contact information
  • Driver’s license number and province/state
  • License plate number and province
  • Insurance information
  • Make and model of the other vehicle
  • Names and contact information of any passengers or witnesses. When the police are on the scene, you should obtain as much of this information as possible from the authorities, for your own records. At times there can be a delay in us obtaining those details from the police officer until they file their report.


What do I when my windshield is cracked?

A clean and clear windshield is essential for safe driving.

If you experience glass damage and have the coverage in place, you should take your vehicle to a glass repair shop of your choice. Some have the option of a mobile repair service so they can come to you. You can contact us for the names of glass repair shops in your area. The shop will contact our office directly for confirmation of coverage and deductible. You will pay your deductible to the shop and we will pay the difference.